- To promote, protect and uphold the interests of the veterinary profession, safeguard the welfare of all members, and encourage continued education for personal and professional development.
- To promote the welfare, health, and production of livestock taking into consideration environmentally sound practices and the well-being of humans.
- To improve community livelihoods through relief, protection, and rebuilding livestock assets.
- To promote local community participation and innovations for a sustainable solution.
- To advocate for the One Health approach and integration of human and animal health sectors to improve surveillance and reporting of zoonotic diseases.
To establish linkage with government, international partners, local and civil society organizations and create synergy on issues about livestock sector development.